If you are over 16 years of age and are on regular repeat medication and would like to register for online prescription ordering, please come to the Practice with a form of identification to sign a consent form and to collect a registration form.
Click on the link at the top of this page once you have registered at the Practice to access the system to order your repeat medication.
Alternatively, tick the items you require on your repeat slip and hand it in to the surgery by whatever method is convenient to you, e.g.
- Post to surgery
- Post into letterbox outside surgery
- Post into the box in reception (to avoid queuing)
- Online, please register for this with a member of the Admin Team
Please note we cannot take prescription requests over the phone.
Requests take 2 working days to process.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy please ask at the local pharmacy that you would like you prescription to be sent to. Let them know that you would like to 'nominate them for EPS'.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.